Sunday, December 4, 2016

FORTUNE COOKIE

"You are going to have a very comfortable life."

I remember, in younger days, when I would have thought, "Hey, that's what I want- a very comfortable life."

Do I?

Sounds cozy, protected, the good life.

A "safe zone?"

Sorry, not for me.

Every meaningful event in my life has been preceded by a quite uncomfortable life.

Mistakes I made, experience gained, all after extreme times of discomfort.

Deep depression led to the moment that I gave over control of my life, to the One  who made me.

What is life, anyway? Isn't life the whole range of emotions; joy, sorrow, pain, exhilaration, depression, contentment, longing, fulfilment, triumph, defeat, first place, last place, second place, (so close), heartbreak, love, separation, reuniting, broken relationships, restored friendships, getting hired, being fired, disappointments, God's silence, God's voice.

The comfort zone, the safe places, aren't really all that comfortable, or safe.

If you want to live, you have to feel.

Don't be afraid. You want to live, don't you?

Sorry, could I have a different cookie, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment